HALLMARK MOVIES & MYSTERIES' FIRST ANNUAL "SUMMER OF MYSTERY"
KICKS OFF ON A HIGH NOTE WITH THREE CONSECUTIVE SUNDAY NIGHT PREMIERES FROM THE 'HAILEY DEAN MYSTERIES' MOVIE SERIES
Event to-date Elevated Network to Rank as Highest-Rated in Cable for the First Three Weeks of June in the Sunday, 9-11pm Time Period
New York, NY, June 19, 2018 - Following Hallmark Movies & Mysteries' highly successful "Garage Sale Mysteries Month" in August of 2017, Crown Media is expanding the network's programming event strategy this year with its first annual "Summer of Mystery." The tentpole event, which kicked off earlier this month with three back-to-back Sunday night premieres from the "Hailey Dean Mysteries" movie series, is off to a strong start, boosting Hallmark Movies & Mysteries to rank as the highest-rated non-sports cable network in the Sunday 9-11pm time period for the first three weeks in June. The Sunday, June 17th debut of "Hailey Dean Mysteries: A Will to Kill" turned in an especially notable performance, becoming the 2nd highest-rated non-sports cable program of the day.
"Summer of Mystery" will continue in July with three new original mystery movie premieres and culminates in August with the second annual "Garage Sale Mysteries Month," headlined by four consecutive Sunday night premieres from the highly popular series starring Lori Loughlin.
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+SD)
Sunday, June 17 - "Hailey Dean Mysteries: A Will to Kill":
· Premiere averaged a 1.8 Household rating, 1.5 million Total Viewers, and 169,000 Women 25-54
· Helped boost network to be the highest-rated cable network in Sunday Prime Time, excluding sports
· Marked Hallmark Movies & Mysteries' highest-rated and most-watched original movie premiere in 2018 to-date
· Reached over 2 million unduplicated viewers
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+SD)
"Summer of Mystery" To-Date
· Cumulatively, the three "Hailey Dean Mysteries" original premieres averaged a 1.6 Household rating, 1.3 million Total Viewers, and 150,000 Women 25-54
· Premieres collectively boosted Hallmark Movies & Mysteries to rank as the #1 household-rated non-sports cable network in the Sunday 9-11pm time period and #3 among Total Viewer delivery for three straight weeks
· Three premieres reached over 3.5 million unduplicated total viewers
Source: Nielsen, May 28 - June 17, 2018
ABOUT HALLMARK MOVIES & MYSTERIES
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries is the second 24-hour linear channel under the Crown Media Family Networks umbrella. Distributed in 68 million homes across the United States, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries is one of the fastest growing networks in cable and a leading destination for quality, family friendly entertainment. Launched in 2008 as Hallmark Movie Channel, the network was re-branded in fall of 2014, transitioning into Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. True to its name, the channel brings the lighter side of the suspense and mystery genres into focus with rich, dramatic, and thought-provoking storytelling. The network's programming lineup features a unique mix of new, original movies, presentations from the acclaimed Hallmark Hall of Fame library, and such time-honored acquired series as "Murder, She Wrote," "Matlock," "Hart to Hart" and "Diagnosis Murder". The channel is also home to the annual, eight-week holiday programming event "Miracles of Christmas," which helps viewers celebrate the season with new, original movies and holiday favorites.
Hallmark Cards, Inc. owns and operates Crown Media Family Networks.
To visit the network website, please visit www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube