HALLMARK CHANNEL'S "WHEN CALLS THE HEART" BECOMES #1 MOST-WATCHED SCRIPTED SERIES OF 2021
Season Eight Premiere Episode Makes Network
#1 Most-Watched in Primetime for the Week Among Women 18+
NEW YORK - February 26, 2021 - Hallmark Channel's hit original series When Calls the Heart kicked off its eighth season on Sunday night, becoming the #1 most-watched original scripted series on ad-supported cable in the year-to-date among Total Viewers and Women 18+. The series premiere episode was the #1 most-watched entertainment cable program of the week among Women 18+, further propelling the network to tie as the #1 most-watched in primetime for the week among Women 18+. The program averaged 3 million Total Viewers and 397,000 Women 25-54 on a L+3 basis.
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+3)
Hallmark Channel's When Calls the Heart Season Eight Premiere
· Averaged 3 million Total Viewers and 397,000 Women 25-54
· Ranked as the #1 most-watched original scripted series in 2021-to-date on ad-supported cable among Total Viewers and Women 18+
· Became the #1 most-watched entertainment program of the week among Women 18+
· Boosted Hallmark Channel to tie as the #1 most-watched entertainment cable network in primetime for the week among Women 18+, and #2 most-watched in Total Day among Women 18+, Total Viewers, and Households
· Program reached nearly 3.5 million unduplicated Total Viewers
Source: Nielsen Live+3 2/15/21-2/21/21, excluding news and sports; Original Scripted Series compares all ad-supported cable programs from 12/28/20-2/21/21, excluding repeats, reality, news & sports
ABOUT HALLMARK CHANNEL
Hallmark Channel, owned by Hallmark Cards, Inc., is Crown Media Family Networks' flagship 24-hour cable television network. As the country's leading destination for quality family entertainment, Hallmark Channel delivers on the 100-year legacy of the Hallmark brand. The network features an ambitious lineup of original content, including movies, scripted primetime series, and a daily, two-hour lifestyle show, "Home & Family." Additionally, Hallmark Channel is the exclusive home to world premiere presentations of the acclaimed Hallmark Hall of Fame franchise. Dedicated to helping viewers celebrate life's special moments, Hallmark Channel also offers annual holiday programming franchises including "Countdown to Christmas" and many other seasonal offerings. Rounding out the network's diverse slate are some of television's most beloved comedies and series, including "The Golden Girls" and "Frasier."
To visit the network website, please visit www.hallmarkchannel.com
Hallmark Channel on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube