FOX'S "THE SIMPSONS" & "9-1-1" RANK AS TOP TWO PROGRAMS OF WEEK THREE OF '21-'22 SEASON IN L3 RATINGS
FOX's iconic animated comedy THE SIMPSONS and hit drama 9-1-1 ranked as the top two entertainment programs of the week of October 4 in Live + 3 Days ratings. THE SIMPSONS' win marks the first time it has ranked as the week's #1 entertainment program in nearly seven years, while its lead-out, THE GREAT NORTH delivered its highest-rated episode ever.
FOX's L3 ratings highlights for week three of the 2021-22 season include:
· FOX had the #1 (THE SIMPSONS) and #2t (9-1-1) entertainment programs of week three.
· THE SIMPSONS (1.4/9 L3) ranked as the week's #1 entertainment program for the first time in nearly seven years (since the week of 12/29/14).
· FOX had the week's #1 comedy series (THE SIMPSONS) and #1 drama (9-1-1)
· 9-1-1 (1.3/9 L3, up +63% vs. Live + Same Day) was Monday night's #1 entertainment program for the third consecutive week.
· Among entertainment programming, 9-1-1 outperformed its closest competitor by +8% (The Voice).
· THE MASKED SINGER (1.2/9 L3) was Wednesday's #2t entertainment program in A18-49.
· Immediately following, ALTER EGO delivered a 0.5/4 L3 rating, steady with its week two episode.
· On Tuesday night, THE RESIDENT delivered its most-watched episode of the season (4.7 million P2+), while OUR KIND OF PEOPLE (0.5/3 L3, up +67% from L+SD) remained steady among A18-49 for its third consecutive week.
· THE RESIDENT also delivered its most-streamed episode of the season to-date, averaging 906K total viewers across Hulu and FOX NOW (+13% vs last week).
· FOX's ANIMATION DOMINATION won Sunday night (1.0 L3 avg) among entertainment programming and posted notable highs on linear and non-linear:
· THE SIMPSONS delivered its highest-rated and most-watched (4.3 million P2+) episode in more than 10 months, and its most streamed episode (507K total viewers across Hulu & FOX NOW) since 3/21/21.
· THE GREAT NORTH (0.8/5 L3) delivered its highest-rated episode ever (excluding post-NFC), while also seeing a +10% gain in streaming vs. prior week, averaging 219K total viewers across Hulu and FOX NOW.
· BOB'S BURGERS (0.8/5 L3) delivered its most-watched telecast (2.1 million P2+) in more than 10 months (since 12/13/20) and delivered its most-streamed episode (1.2 million total viewers) since 12/15/19.
· FAMILY GUY delivered its highest-rated (0.9/5 L3), and most-watched (2.3 million P2+) episode in more than eight months (since 1/17/21), and was the series' most-streamed telecast (1.4 million total viewers) since its 2019 season premiere (9/29/19).